Monday, December 12, 2011

Impossibly Easy Pumpkin Pie! Gluten Free




Happy Holiday's RettGirls!

This week I thought I would share my Impossibly Easy Pumpkin Pie recipe with you. Actually it was my Grandma's..or I thought it was. Turn's out it's from good ole Betty Crocker. Shhh. My family thinks it's mine.

You can find this recipe, among others, at RettGirl.org under Diet/Nutrition then click on Recipes then Gluten Free!

The best thing about this recipe is it is a no crust recipe. I always pick mine away anyway. You can make it the regular way or gluten free by changing up which type of Bisquick you use, either regular or gluten free. Both call for half a cup. I have never had a complaint, empty plate or a person who hasn't asked me for the recipe. We are on our 4Th pie since Thanksgiving here.

Enjoy!

Impossibly Easy Pumpkin Pie





1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1/2 cup Gluten Free Bisquick® mix
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup evaporated milk
1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
Whipped topping, if desired

1.Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease 9-inch pie plate.
2.Stir all ingredients except whipped topping until blended. Pour into pie plate.
3.Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Check first at 45. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate about 3 hours or until chilled. Serve with whipped topping. Store covered in refrigerator.


Dairy free substitutions:
each makes 1 cup
option 1:
3 cups vanilla rice milk
1/2 sugar
(simmer and reduce to 1 cup)

option 2:
3/4 cup silken tofu
1/4 cup honey
blend together in a blender

Terri V~For RettGirl

No comments:

Post a Comment