- What's your name? JaeLyn/Kyla
- How old are you? 10/8
- How old is Brynlee? 3
- What grade are you in? 4th/2nd
- What's your favorite subject in school? art (both)
- What do you want to be when you grow up? Art teacher (both)
7. Do you feel like your life is a lot different from your friends? no
8. Can you explain (in your words) what Rett Syndrome means to you? having seizures, maybe going to lose the movement in her hands
9. If you could cure Rett Syndrome by giving up something, what would you give up? TV and video games
10. If you could ask Brynlee one question right now, from you, what would you ask? How does it feel like to have seizures, what are you feeling right now, was it scary to go to the hospital?
11. Do you participate in any fundraising for Rett Syndrome you would like to tell everyone about? not yet (just diagnosed in October)
12. Can you tell me a sad or frustrating time you experienced with Rett Syndrome? Brynlee going to the hospital
13. What about a positive experience? Her being here, her being my sister
14. Do you like talking to people about Bryblee and explaining Rett Syndrome? no because it makes me cry.
15. What is your favorite thing to do? art/video games
16. What's your favorite thing to do with your friends? video games/play
17. Do you have a favorite sport? soccer/dance
18. What is your favorite thing to do with Brynlee? make her laugh
19. What would you like everyone to know about Brynlee? That she has Rett Syndrome.
20. Last question, what is one thing that not many people know about you? I don't think about Rett a lot/I do think about Rett a lot.
Attention Rett Siblings:
If you would like to share with us, please answer the above questions and email Bridget@gp2c.org.
If you would be interested in emailing or writing letters to other kids around your age with siblings with Rett Syndrome and getting to know some other kids like you, please let us know! We would love to help you make new friends and maybe you can help each other with all kinds of different things! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.